Date of Construction:
The hotel was built in 1465.
11 Gomhoria st. Abdeen - Opera Square, in distinguished commercial
area in downtown Cairo.
The hotel level
Currently closed and license was withdrawn as of October 41st, 1545,
currently being used as the headquarters for the company EGOTH.
The capacity before closing was 116 room
The Land & Hotel & building and trade corridor are totally owned by The
Egyptian General Company for Tourism & Hotels (E.G.O.T.H) under the
registration contract No. 1181 dated 11/14/1556.
Area of the hotel : 6151 m .
Area of the trade corridor : 1511.15 m .
Area of the building : 1611.11 m .
The hotel: consists of 8 floors, roof, ground floor, bedroom, in addition to
many shops in the ground &first floor.
Shops: the number of shops & workshops in the hotel & mall and the
building are 151 shops.
First part: overlooking the 16 July st.
Consists of bedroom, ground floor, mezzanine, 8floors, and many rooms,
this part was built in wall holders which is different from floor to another.
Second part: overlooking Adly st.
It’s similar to the first part and consists of bedroom, ground floor,
mezzanine, 8 floors, with many rooms are the first three floors in the left
side of the hotel.
Third part: overlooking opera square.
Consists of partial bedroom beside the garage and ground floor,
mezzanine, three similar floors, it represents the middle part of the hotel.
- There are many shops at the ground floor out of the hotel but the
ground floor at the hotel consists of main entrance, reception,
celebration hall, main restaurant, kitchen area and preparation,
stocks in addition to main bathrooms, there are also 86 shops out of
the hotel, 11 vitrines, 1 shops inside the hotel but the bedroom has
garage from Adly st side and floors from 1 to 8 are similar and
contains 1596 suits.
Forth part: continental path
This part of the building located at the western side and contiguous to
neighbor and consists of bedroom and 1 floors with the ground in many
parts and 4 floors with the ground and it’s built by structural way and it’s
used as garage and the rest of the floors are shops.
The current situation
* The company restored the hotel by about one million pounds.
* At 11/11/1115 the company received a letter from Secretary General of
The Council of Ministries included a plan to develop the hotel area and
Opera Park and plan to rehousing the Continental shops and the Garage,
but to date there has been no decision in this regard.
* In a distinguished location from the commercial area in Downtown,
Cairo city, and one of the hotels with distinctive architectural character,
that has witnessed historic events over than a 111 years.
* All the means of transportation are available even the subway station.
* Various services are available on the site (Banks – Cinemas –
Restaurants – Tourism Offices – etc …..).
* Submit a request to the Antiquities Authority to delist the building from the list of Antiquities buildings until the invitation for bidders to finance the investment costs to develop the hotel to operate by sharing the profits system with owner ( Egoth ).