Date Of Construction:
The Old Hotel was built in 1899 with a classical design and built on hill-ock overlooking one of the magnificent Nile views.
The New Cataract was built in 1963 on the river Nile and it is surrounding with gardens.
Location and Advantages:
The hotel is located in Aswan surrounded by magnificent gardens and overlook the unparalled panorama of the Elephantine Island and Agha Khans' Mausoleum (Basin Mount Taqouk Tribal-Aswan).
The land and the buildings are fully owned by The Egyptian General Company for Tourism & Hotels (E.G.O.T.H)
Total land area of the two hotels is 38615.57 m².
138 Lodging units.
Restaurants -Bars- Swimming Pool - Healthy Club.