Date Of Construction:
At first Shepheard Hotel was built in 1841 at Elazbakia district operating under the name (English Hotel).
The hotel was renamed shepheard's Hotel after its owner Samuel Shepheard became the sole owner and Hill relinquished his interest in it .
The current Shepheard Hotel was erected by the Egyptian government in Garden City-Cairo at location nearly the Nile.
the Hotel was burnt in the "Cairo fire" in 1951 and reopened in 1957 under Shepheard name
1105 cornish ElNile st- 5 Elhamy st -Grand City - Cairo
The Hotel is directly located on the kasr El Nile bridge close to down town and Semiramis and Grand Hayatt Hotels.
The Egyptian General Company for Tourism & Hotels (E.G.O.T.H) owns the land and hotel buildings.
Total land area 3198.45 m².
Rocco Fortee Com. is the operation company .on due to upgrade the hotel to a 4 star property
254 upgraded rooms and suites.
- Restaurant & Bars - Bazaars.
The hotel on hold:
the engineering studies are under preperation to renovate the hotel.