The hotel was built in 1902 and was extended in 1956 by adding four floors.
The New Cataract was built in 1963 on the river Nile and it is surrounding with gardens.
The hotel and house building are located at Bab ElLouk -Down Town Cairo.
The Egyptian General Company for Tourism & Hotels (E.G.O.T.H) owns the hotel and the adjacent house building. Egoth fully possesses the registrated Hotel and the adjacent residence.
Restaurant - Cafeteria - Night Club.
The hotel consists of 84 room & suit
The hotel is under Renovation through an invitation of bidding to management companies.The hotel is presented to investors to fund the development and for exploitation.